logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mgrayeb  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2024 7:22:13 AM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I'm using vMix 27.0.0.72 (latest version) and trying the new Zoom plugin feature. This afternoon, I installed the plugin and followed the instructions in the vMix tutorial video for this feature. In my vMix production I also had some vMix Calls. When I brought in the first, and subsequent, Zoom calls, I could hear the audio of the callers both in my headphones which are connected to my vMix production laptop, but also through the built-in speakers on the laptop.
I double checked my Audio Output settings in vMix and "none" is selected for Master Output and "Headset" is selected for Headphones ouput.
I tried changing the default Sound settings on my laptop so that the Output was set to a virtual audio cable to see if that would help but it didn't. In fact, even when I "mute" the icon for the speaker in my system tray, the audio from the Zoom guests comes out of the laptop speakers.
There is no problem with any of the vMix callers or any other audio in my production (e.g. pre-recorded videos); all of those are only heard in my headphones and they go to the Master recording.
The other issue is that my Zoom guests and my vMix Call guests (and me) hear double audio coming from the Zoom participants (*even if there is only one Zoom input*) and only the Zoom participants. Everyone (Zoom participants and vMix Call participants) can hear the vMix Call participants without double audio, and can hear my own microphone and other production elements without double audio.
Also, I uninstalled and then reinstalled the Zoom plugin and restarted my laptop. I also created a new vMix preset and the only input in that preset is a Zoom input. I'm having the same issue with the audio coming through both my headphones and my speakers. No problem with my headset mic in the vMix production laptop. The audio goes to the Master and does not come out of my speakers.
What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2024 8:22:02 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi,

The Zoom SDK essentially runs a full Zoom Meeting app behind the scenes which vMix then taps into for raw audio/video feeds.
As a side effect of it being a full meeting app, it by default outputs audio to the default sound device in Windows.

To counteract this, vMix mutes the app, however if at some point in the past you had a custom speaker device set in the Zoom app, or there is a strange issue with the Windows audio processing, this mute may not have any effect.

As a fix, while Zoom is running in vMix, right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner of Windows and click Open Volume mixer.
Scroll right to find the vMixZoomNode app and check it is muted, if it is then you can also try dragging the volume level down to zero.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
mgrayeb on 4/25/2024(UTC)
koinonia  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2024 9:07:13 PM(UTC)
koinonia

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mgrayeb Go to Quoted Post
I'm using vMix 27.0.0.72 (latest version) and trying the new Zoom plugin feature. This afternoon, I installed the plugin and followed the instructions in the vMix tutorial video for this feature. In my vMix production I also had some vMix Calls. When I brought in the first, and subsequent, Zoom calls, I could hear the audio of the callers both in my headphones which are connected to my vMix production laptop, but also through the built-in speakers on the laptop.
I double checked my Audio Output settings in vMix and "none" is selected for Master Output and "Headset" is selected for Headphones ouput.
I tried changing the default Sound settings on my laptop so that the Output was set to a virtual audio cable to see if that would help but it didn't. In fact, even when I "mute" the icon for the speaker in my system tray, the audio from the Zoom guests comes out of the laptop speakers.
There is no problem with any of the vMix callers or any other audio in my production (e.g. pre-recorded videos); all of those are only heard in my headphones and they go to the Master recording.
The other issue is that my Zoom guests and my vMix Call guests (and me) hear double audio coming from the Zoom participants (*even if there is only one Zoom input*) and only the Zoom participants. Everyone (Zoom participants and vMix Call participants) can hear the vMix Call participants without double audio, and can hear my own microphone and other production elements without double audio.
Also, I uninstalled and then reinstalled the Zoom plugin and restarted my laptop. I also created a new vMix preset and the only input in that preset is a Zoom input. I'm having the same issue with the audio coming through both my headphones and my speakers. No problem with my headset mic in the vMix production laptop. The audio goes to the Master and does not come out of my speakers.
What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

https://forums.vmix.com/...rect-to-Behringer-output
thanks 1 user thanked koinonia for this useful post.
koinonia  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2024 12:43:02 AM(UTC)
koinonia

It seems that the latest vmix update 27.0.0.75 and the latest zoom plug in fixed the problem.
thanks 1 user thanked koinonia for this useful post.
richardgatarski  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2024 12:46:05 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Originally Posted by: koinonia Go to Quoted Post
It seems that the latest vmix update 27.0.0.75 and the latest zoom plug in fixed the problem.

why do you think that?
koinonia  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2024 5:23:49 AM(UTC)
koinonia

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: koinonia Go to Quoted Post

why do you think that?

Because I tested after the updates and everything is working fine.
mgrayeb  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2024 5:56:06 AM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Thank you Martin, and thank you Koinonia, for your replies, both of which I read just now.

Thank you to Ben at vMix Support for much help with troubleshooting this issue and trying to find solutions. Thank you as well very much to Alan Zenreich, for taking a few valuable hours of time this afternoon connecting with me on a Zoom call (both outside and inside of vMix) to help test and troubleshoot.

We finally resolved the issue (I think)!

First, I installed the newest update to vMix (which came out today, I believe, 27.0.0.75, as well as the latest Zoom plugin as Koinonia and Alan both suggested). At that point, the problem persisted. The Zoom caller audio (and only the Zoom caller audio) was coming out of the laptop's speakers. All other program audio was heard in my headphones.

Then, I changed my vMix Audio Output settings (which had been set to "None" for Master and "Headphone (Realtek Audio)" for Headphones both to "Default Windows Playback Device" for each of those two settings.

That seemed to have done the trick! (Note: inside my Windows System Sound Settings, I had already had headphones selected as the Output device prior to the problem occuring).

Martin, to your comment that "if at some point in the past you had a custom speaker device set in the Zoom app, or there is a strange issue with the Windows audio processing, this mute may not have any effect," it's quite possible that I had a custom speaker device in use previously (e.g. virtual audio cables to route audio from Zoom into vMix when I hosted both on the same laptop) -- not my normal workflow with Zoom but I have occasionally done that so perhaps that played into my scenario here.

I'm going to continue testing this week but am sharing my experience here in case others encouter a similar scenario. Again, much gratitude to all for the help!!
mgrayeb  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2024 10:47:09 AM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Martin, I also remembered that a week ago, I was routing audio out of vMix and into a Zoom webinar using a Behringer 404HD to bring audio from the conference into vMix. Koinonia's link to the thread here on the forums about his/her's issue with a Behringer 202HD makes me wonder if the fact that I had recently been using a very similar Behringer audio interface with vMix and Zoom on the same laptop a week ago might be relevant, and I wonder if changing the Master and Headphone audio output settings in vMix to Default Windows Device somehow corrected the issue, and/or if the solution came from the updated vMix Zoom plugin that (I think) was released within the last 24 hours?
admin  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2024 12:13:49 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
I can confirm there are no changes to this in the latest vMix 27 update, so that would appear to be a coincidence.
As already mentioned vMix already mutes the zoom app, but this may not work if Zoom previous had custom audio settings in the past.

Either way, the fix posted above (of adjusting the Windows audio mixer) will solve the problem in all instances.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.